The emergency department follows international protocols in acute care management, particularly for heart attack (MI), stroke, abdominal emergencies, and polytrauma. Our hospital has trained, qualified and skilled staff, ultramodern medical equipment and a team of doctors with 24/7 hours facility of pharmacy and ambulance services to deal with any type of trauma, especially accident management and other emergencies.
As soon as the patient enters the department he/she is examined by a nurse and allotted a zone depending upon their condition. The patients who are critically serious are immediately seen by the doctors.
Various cases of trauma and emergency include:
- Accidental Trauma
- Head Injuries
- Blacking out or Unconsciousness.
- Severe bleeding that won’t stop.
- Breathing difficulty, asthma attacks.
- Suspected stroke.
- Drug overdose.
- Severe allergic reactions from insect bites, food or medications.
- Sudden inability to speak or move.
- Severe chest pain.
- Loss of vision or hearing.
- Fever, cough or respiratory infection
Treatment and procedures:
- Mechanical ventilation in ER
- Tracheal Intubation and RSI
- Basic Life Support in adults.
- Procedural sedation in adults.
- Basic airway management in adults
- Emergency Pericardiocentesis.
- Closing minor skin wounds with staples.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ADLS) in adults.
- Minor wound preparation and irrigation
- Splinting of musculoskeletal injuries.
Our patients can expect Safe, Effective, Patient Centered, Timely, Efficient and Equitable Care at all times from our emergency department. Our main focus areas include:-
- Cerebrovascular accident
- Epilepsy/Seizures, Snake bite
- Acute Respiratory Failure, Poisoning
- Accidental Injury, Major Trauma
- MOD ( Multi organ failure),
- Acute Renal Failure, Head Injury
- Acute Liver Failure, Meningitis
- Major Burns, Septicemia
- Heart failure
- Acute Coronary
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block